Hitting presentation problems


I thought that I had solved the issue of covering unsightly raw edges on the frames by covering the staples with double sided sticky tape and then with matching bias binding. I completed this Monday and thought the frames were ready for hanging .

On Wednesday I came to the studio and heat of the exhibition space had lifted the double sided tape and the bias binding was falling off. Time to rethink.

I wanted to use invisable tape to attach the binding as my previous use of staples looked unsightly and not to a high standard. I decided to experiment with sticky velcro and attached a sample and left the piece in the studio overnight to see if that too fell off.

|This was sucsessfull  and I had to add further expense to purchase satin ribbon that had to be wider to cover the raw edges of the velcro. Should I use black for all three or continue with my original idea of using the colours used in the production of the pieces. After further experimenttion I decided the complimentary colours added cohesion to the presentation.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s