Difficulty of framing.

I would have found the whole process of framing easier if I had been able to frame first then stitch into secondly. That wasn’t possible due to the feasibility of stitching on a machine with a large frame. So the only conclusion was to frame at the end.

My work was always going to have an abstract, uneven edge and disparate feel to it because the work is self portrait and that is how I feel best describes me.

Yet as I discovered stretching muslin fabric with uneven edges on to a wooden frame requires continual measuring as the fabric moves and stretches out of shape. This discovery was unexpected and required a certain amount of problem solving, unpicking, repeat measuring.

In the end I measured ,stapled and re measured every few staples.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s